Skilled Care Services
The need for skilled medical care services may be the result of an accident or injury, a chronic illness, or significant decline in health. Our home health care staff of RNs, LPNs, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Aides is available for:
- Initial and ongoing patient assessments
- Development and implementation of care plans
- Monitoring and education of prescription medication
- Management of acute and chronic medical conditions
- Well nurse visits
Care is prescribed for rehabilitation and improvement of personal health. Our goal is to help our patients return to the prior level of independent living to which they are accustomed:
Physical Therapy: Identify and assess gross motor skill limitations and assist with safe movement. Specialized exercise routines and instruction are provided.
Occupational Therapy: Staff assists with helping patients regain fine motor skills and the ability to perform activities of daily living (A.D.L.s).
Speech Therapy: Evaluates and treat issues of oral communication and cognition. Swallowing difficulties and associated effects can be treated as well. Treatment is designed around a plan that identifies specific steps necessary to regain or refine speech.
Social Work: Counseling, short and long term, is available as well as all necessary referrals.
Home Health Aide: Aides are available to assist with A.D.L.s. All aides meet state and federal standards to provide care.
Personal Care Services
Caring for the patient with respect and treating them with dignity is a priority and the value of a patient’s independence is not taken lightly. Our trained aide staff will assist with personal and household care services:
- Bathing (full or partial)
- Incontinence care
- Daily grooming needs
- Promoting exercise and mobility assistance for patients whose care plan allows
Household Care Services
- Basic home upkeep and maintenance
- Light to moderate housekeeping
- Preparation of meals that meet patients’ dietary needs
- Basic pet care is provided as needed
* In addition, our staff is on call 24 hours a day